MPEG file extension stands for Moving Picture Experts Group. MPEG file is a video file that can distribute videos online easier than other video file formats. Users can stream and download MPEG files quicker than other types of video files. MPEG files are of small size due to the compression technology and at the same time these files keep the same sound quality. In other words, you can have smaller video and audio files with good sound quality.
What is the difference between MPEG and MP3?
MPEG files can be used for both video and audio media, whereas MP3 files can only be used for audio. MP3 file format is actually the first version of MPEG but it is more known as MP3.
MP3 files are usually related to MP3 players that used to be very popular in the past. With the rise of smartphones, people got rid of mp3 players and started using their mobile phones to play music. Even though MP3 players are not to popular any more, MP3 files are still widely used because of their compression ability and small size.
How to Convert MPEG to MP3 on iPhone or iPad?
If you need to convert MPEG to MP3 file format, you can do that on your iPhone or iPad by following these steps:
- Download MP3 Converter for free on iTunes.
- In the section “Convert File from” choose the location where your file is stored. You can select files from your phone, Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and Box.
- You will see the MP3 file in “Converted files”
Note: You need to wait for one hour in order to receive the converted file. If you don’t want to wait you can purchase fast conversions. The price is $6.99 for the lifetime usage. No matter what version you use, the conversion quality is the same. Also, you need to have internet connection all the time during conversion.
How to Convert MPEG to MP3 on Android?
If you are an Android user, you can download the same app on Google Play store here. Android version is also free with the one-hour waiting time but if you are in a hurry you can purchase fast conversions at $1.99 for the lifetime conversion.
Here is how the app works on Android:
- Tap on + button to add a file to convert.
- Select a file from your phone or copy paste a direct link of the file if it is available somewhere online.
- Choose an appropriate conversion type and wait for your file to be converted.
For both Android and iOS, there are no limits on the file size and files are deleted from the servers once conversion is completed.